We can’t think of many things that are more satisfying then a sweet and creamy Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew. Many run to Starbucks for their daily vanilla filled fix, however, that habit can get expense faster then it takes to reach the bottom of your coffee cup.
Luckily, we know a way to keep both your wallet and your coffee-craving taste buds happy. What is this magic solution? We are so glad you asked! It is our delicious, easy and wallet friendly Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe. Read on to learn all about how to make this creamy, foamy, sweet comfort in a cup!
What is A Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew?
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew has a cult following at Starbucks located all over the map! These creamy, indulgent drinks have cold brew coffee as their base and are then topped with a float of light and fluffy vanilla sweet cream. The result is a rich, velvety, sippable drink that you will be coming back for over and over.
This popular drink is easy to replicate at home, giving you the coffee shop experience for a fraction of the cost. We also love that you can make a big batch of cold brew to have ready to go any time a Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew craving hits.
Today we tell you how to make this fan favorite drink at home. You can thank us later!
Creating Your Cold Brew
Can you guess what the foundation of an excellent Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew is? If you said cold brew, then you are right!
Let’s start with background on what Cold Brew coffee is. Cold Brew is the process of steeping coffee grounds in cold water or at room temperature for a long period of time. The lack of heat during the brewing process used to make cold brew results in a smoother, sweeter, less acidic coffee.
Fortunately you do not have to have barista level skills to master making the perfect cup of Cold Brew. You can make a big batch of Cold Brew and store it in the fridge so you can easily pour a cup any time you want.
All About Cold Brew
There is so much we love about Cold Brew coffee! Here are all the things you should know before you brew your own batch:
- Cold Brew is highly customizable – You can adjust the strength of your Cold Brew, the coffee bean you use, how long you steep your Cold Brew and how much water you add. Flexibility in how and what you brew with makes Cold Brew an easy drink to customize to your individual preferences.
- Not as acidic as regular coffee – Sometimes regular espresso or coffee can be tough on sensitive tummies. Due to the steeping time and the dilution of cold brew can often feel gentler on your stomach.
- Cold brew takes time to steep – Given its name, it is not very surprising that Cold Brew coffee uses a cold water brewing method. Cold Brew will take approximately 12 – 18 hours to complete its brewing process. The upside of this is that you will have a smoother, sweeter brew that you can make in big batches.
- Use coarse ground coffee – A coarser ground coffee is recommended as it will make it easier to filter and will result in a less bitter brew.
- You can use any coffee bean – You don’t have to use a specific type of coffee bean for your Cold Brew! Don’t have a favorite coffee bean yet? Check out our recommendations for best Arabica Coffee Beans.
Easy Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe
Making Cold Brew at home is simple! In fact, to make Cold Brew coffee you only need two ingredients.
- Cold Water – 800 grams
- Coarsely ground coffee – 80 grams (We suggest medium or dark roast for the most flavorful brew)
Step by Step Process:
- #1: Using a large pitcher, combine the coarsely ground coffee beans and water.
- #2: Stir the coffee and water mixture until well combined.
- #3: Cover the pitcher and set on your counter for 12 – 15 hours.
- #4: Once brewing is complete, you will need to filter your coffee. You can use a sieve or kitchen towel as your filter. Simply grab another pitcher, place the filter on top and pour the cold brew coffee over the filter and into the other pitcher.
- Step #5: Place in fridge.
Note: There are Cold Brew Pitchers available that allow you to brew and filter your cold brew all in one pitcher. Here are a few of our favorites:
Making the Vanilla Flavoring
Making homemade vanilla flavoring is very simple! You can make a batch and it will keep in the fridge for up to a week. The following recipe will make enough for six cold brew coffee drinks.
- Cold water – 1/2 Cup
- White Sugar – 120 grams
- Vanilla Bean – Deseeded and split or 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Step by Step Process:
- #1 – In a small saucepan, combine the vanilla and sugar over medium heat.
- #2 – Stir over the heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
- #3 – Once sugar is dissolved remove from heat and allow it to cool off completely. Note, if you are using real vanilla beans remember to remove the beans from the liquid.
- #4 – Pour vanilla syrup into a container to be stored and place in the fridge.
Making The Sweet Cream
The sweet cream used in your cold brew is the icing on the cake. It will take your drink to the next level and is our favorite part of this recipe!
- Heavy Cream – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Homemade Vanilla Syrup – 2 ounces
In the below recipe you will use the vanilla flavoring to create your sweet cream.
Step by Step Process:
#1: Whisk the vanilla syrup, milk and heavy cream together. #2: It is easy as that, you are now ready to enjoy
Note: Pre-made sweet cream will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Making Cold Foam
Many love a foamy top to go with their cold brew, and we highly recommend it to give your drink an authentic “made in a coffee shop” taste and texture.
You may be wondering what type of foam is used on a cold coffee drink? The answer is a cold foam! Cold foam is a frothed milk topping used for cold coffee drinks. It has the same feel as a foam topped hot coffee drink but is made a a colder temperature so the foam does not melt when placed on top of a cold drink.
There are a couple methods you can use to create cold foam. Many use a french press or a hand held milk frother to effortlessly make cold foam. Here is how to make the cold foam using either method:
- Pour Sweet Cream in French Press.
- Press the plunger up and down repeatedly for approximately a minute.
- Your Sweet Cream will now be foamy and ready to be poured on top of your cold brew!
Hand Held Milk Frother
- Pour Sweet Cream in cup, place milk frother in it.
- Froth for about 30 seconds.
Putting Your Cold Brew Together
After creating all the ingredients for your cold brew, the last step is to put it all together.
#1: Fill glass half full with ice cubes. #2: Pour the cold brew over the ice until glass is almost full. #3: Add the homemade vanilla syrup to taste. #4: Pour your sweet cream on top. #5: Enjoy!
Coffee shop worthy Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew is easy to make at home! Although it does have several ingredients, you have the ability to make a big batch and store it in your fridge to drink throughout the week.
We guarantee making the components of your Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold brew in big batches will save you money when compared to purchasing at a coffee shop. We hope you give it a try, we think your coffee loving taste buds will thank you!
Be sure to check out some of our other delicious coffee recipes by clicking here. Happy Sipping! Cheers!